Rice is a staple food for many people, and thus there is a lot of dilemmas on how to cook rice properly. There are hundreds of varieties of rice available in the market, but one thing is quite constant about them; that is cooking rice is not a simple task. Though it does sound easy, rice is a very delicate grain and if not cooked in the proper way it can either remain hard inside or can melt completely.
People usually cook rice in a big pot, but one thing about big pots is that one needs to pay complete attention to the cooking process. but the mots handy appliance these days that one need for cooking rice and other things is rice cooker. Cooking a rice cooker is utterly simple, as one just needs to add needed water, add rice, close the lid and press the on button. It is best for those running short on time or is not completely an expert when it comes to cooking rice. One can read the aroma rice cooker manual to learn more about how to use them.
Benefits of rice cooker
Some of the major advantages of using a rice cooker are:
- Consistent cooking: the rice cookers are quite helpful in cooking every grain of rice perfectly. this means the rice is neither overcooked nor is undercooked.
- Programmable: today one can find several brands and models in the market that has programmable settings on it. this makes it easier to cook a variety of rice types of even oatmeals, vegetable, and polenta.
- Ease of use: many people are not well aware of the fact that how much water is to be added to how much rice. Many rice cookers have measuring cups which helps in measuring the right amount of water and rice.
- Warm settings: many rice cookers shave warming settings in it as well, which allows keeping the rice the warm till served.
Tips to buy
Some of the things to keep in mind while buying a rice cooker are:
- Choose the volume of the rice cooker keeping in mind how much rice is cooked daily.
- Find the cookers who can cook all kinds of rice, as some are difficult to cook like brown rice.
- Find a simple design of the cooker which is not that difficult to maintain and clean.
What else to cook?
One of the best things about rice cookers is that one can cook a lot many things using it. one can cook oatmeal for breakfast by using milk instead of water. One can steam vegetables, cook slow cooking soups and stews and also helps cook fruit for fruit sauces.